Easy 2 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
So, I really really love coconuts. Like, really really really love them! Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, one of the best DIY Christmas treats to give away are these super easy coconut macaroons. Wrapped in wax paper and placed in a Christmas cookie tin, these treats look like quite the labor of love, and taste even better. I started giving them out already, and of course they have been a great hit.
I love the fact that I don’t have to worry about whipped egg whites to make them crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. My only problem with this treat is that hubby and I can’t stop eating them, which makes it somewhat difficult to actually give them away as gifts.
- 6 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Optional: ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk until all the coconut is covered in the condensed milk.
- Shape two table spoons worth of the coconut mixture into balls (preferably with your hands) and place on a line baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 mins, or until the tops of the macaroons are lightly toasted.
- Allow the Macaroons to cool completely then serve, or, drizzle some melted chocolate on it allow to the chocolate to set, then serve.