On those days when you need a warm hug from within, and you don’t want to fuss too much in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe to try. I usually have a batch of this bacon and garlic herb compound butter sitting in the fridge or freezer. I use this mainly when I need a quick pick me up for plain mashed potatoes, and on days I’m feeling a little generous, I slap this butter on some toasted Italian or garlic bread as a snack. I’m thinking this butter is going to be on my dinner table with some savory diner rolls (recipe coming soon) this thanksgiving.
Bacon and Garlic Herb Compound Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup of room temperature unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- To crisp up the bacon use the oven. Place the bacon strips in a pan and bake in a 350F oven for 15 minutes. Once the bacon is crisp, chop into small bits.
- In a bowl, combine butter, salt, copped herbs, garlic and bacon.
- Place butter in a small dish or wrap in cling film and set in the fridge.
- This butter will last in the fridge for about 2 weeks and in the freezer for about 2 months.
I hope you try and enjoy my bacon and garlic herb compound butter! Let me know what you paired it with and if you want more comfort foods, why not give my Native Nigerian bean porridge recipe a shot?